Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Flu (or something) Times Two

The weather in New York was beautiful this weekend. Sunshine, summer-like temps in the 70s. And my husband and I spent the entire weekend in bed... sleeping. I went to bed Friday morning and didn't get up until Friday night. My husband came down with the flu Friday night. We had different symptoms, but the same result: we were both feverish and too exhausted to do much but get up to take our temperature, pull back the shades, cringe at the sunshine and curse our bad timing. All weekend, we took turns taking care of each other and taking our frustrations out on each other--both of us wanting to be able to do more and angry that we could not.
I'm feeling a lot better today. And Victor is feeling, well, just good enough to drag himself to work (the bar is a bit lower for him, since--as he explains on his blog--he's on contract, not full-time, so a 'sick day' means no pay).
I'm actually off this week and next, so I can still enjoy the weather. Though I'm spending much of this week at home working on a book proposal (the project I mentioned earlier) and finishing up a story for work that's due next week, when I'll be in Arizona, where the weather is not much better than it is here. But that's a good thing.
Now that I'm free from fever and work restrictions, I'll try to update the blog more regularly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home